Do you feel that Cagayan de Oro is better under a new administration?


Friday, September 15, 2006


DOH-10 eyes dengue decline this year

DESPITE the anticipated increase in deadly mosquito bites, Northern Mindanao will have lower incidents of dengue cases this year compared to 2005, predicted the Department of Health-10 yesterday.Regional Epidemiology Center head David Mendoza said that as of August this year, a total 539 dengue cases have been recorded all-over the region.

From this data, Dr. Mendoza said they can already forecast the number of incidents to shoot up to 1,000 cases by the end of the year.The predicted over-all figure for 2006 is well below last year's recorded cases of 4,210, Mendoza said.

Mendoza said DOH-10 is actively campaigning for local awareness on dengue fever prevention and control, noting that the disease normally spreads during rainy months.

Councilor Simeon Licayan, chairman of the health committee in the City Council, emphasized that effecient monitoring of dengue's early signs remains the potent remedy in saving lives. The councilor said his committee is collaborating with the City Health Office to ensure the availability of necessary medicines, and that effective prevention measures are implemented in different barangays.

No comments:

The Man behind the Photos

The Man behind the Photos
Sun.Star Photographer Joey Nacalaban has been a journalist for 17 years. He provides photo content for this Blog.